POST OFFICE BOX 3129
TUPELO, MS 38803-3129
Middleton & Tinsley Law Firm, PLLC
Amount of Child Support
The following child support guidelines are presumed to be appropriate under Mississippi law.
Number of children Adjusted Gross
due support Income
Don't wait another minute. Set up an appointment for a free consultation today.
Exceptions to Child Support Guidelines
The presumption of appropriateness of the guidelines may be overcome if it would be unjust or inappropriate in a particular case based on the following:
- Extraordinary medical, psychological, educational or dental expenses.
- Independent income of the child.
- The payment of both child support and spousal support to the obligee.
- Seasonal variations in one or both parents' incomes or expenses.
- The age of the child, taking into account the greater needs of older children.
- Special needs that have traditionally been met within the family budget even though the fulfilling of those needs will cause the support to exceed the proposed guidelines.
- The particular shared parental arrangement, such as where the non-custodial parent spends a great deal of time with the children thereby reducing the financial expenditures incurred by the custodial parent, or the refusal of the non-custodial parent to become involved in the activities of the child, or giving due consideration to the custodial parent's homemaking services.
- Total available assets of the obligee, obligor and the child.
- Any other adjustment which is needed to achieve an equitable result which may include, but not be limited to, a reasonable and necessary existing expense or debt.
Tupelo, Mississippi Child Support Lawyer